Saint Alphonsus Foundation has over 200 different funds established for a variety of causes throughout the organization. If you have a specific idea of where you would like your donation to be applied and you do not see it listed below, give us a call at 208-367-5659 and a member of our team will be happy to speak with you.
Medical Center's Greatest Need
Cardiovascular Operating Room Expansion
Over the past few years the Saint Alphonsus Cardiothoracic Surgery program has grown and evolved, adding providers, specialized procedures and staff. These changes have caused us to outgrow our current space and created the need to update equipment and renovate our operating rooms to accommodate our growing volumes in a safe, state-of-the-art environment.
Saint Alphonsus is proud to be the ONLY Cardiothoracic Surgery Program in the region to provide:
- A fully integrated program on one floor – patients do pre-op, have surgery and recover all in one unit on the 4th floor of Saint Alphonsus' North Tower
- We are the only program in the region to offer minimally invasive cardiac surgery which allows physicians to perform bypass surgery and valve surgery without opening the chest (sternotomy).
- Experts in "bloodless" surgery – meaning our blood transfusion rate is half of the national average (27% vs 54%). Being able to perform complex surgeries without giving the patient blood is especially important to those whose religious beliefs prohibit the transfusion of blood products. In addition, the system that reduces overall blood product use improves safety and reduces costs for everyone.
- Better Outcomes – nearly half of our cardiac surgery patients are extubated before they leave the operating room. Extubating in the OR leads to faster recovery and better outcomes. The national average is a mere 2.5%.
- Best-practice grafts – we maintain a commitment to using mammary arteries instead of leg veins whenever possible for bypass surgery. Despite the fact that mammary arteries last longer, the national use of mammary arteries in isolated bypass grafts is only 4.9%.
Foundation’s Top Funds
- Allumbaugh House - offering sobering, detox and crisis mental health services.
- Breast Care Center
- Cancer Care - Programs & Services
- Cancer Care - Patient Assistance
- CARE Refugee Clinic
- Clinical Education Fund
- Emergency/Trauma Center Expansion
- Heart Health
- Idaho’s Only Primary Stroke Center
- Mental Health Services
- Palliative Care
- Patient Assistance Fund
- Project Haiti
- Women’s & Children’s - Bereavement
- Women’s & Children’s - Family Center
- Women’s & Children’s - Littlest Patients Fund
- Women’s & Children’s - Programs & Services
>>Click here to donate today.