Comforts and Conveniences
|If you have a special need that we have not addressed, please contact the Welcome Center at 208-367-2135.
Our Welcome Center is available to provide assistance for all your needs. Stop by if you need help finding a patient or service in the hospital, information about the Boise area, ideas for lodging, or just a friendly face.
- Assess and address the spiritual and emotional needs associated with illness, hospitalization and losses, which one may encounter on life's journey.
- Serve as a consultant to patients, families and staff in ethical decision making.
- Serve as an educator by reminding patients and staff that people function most optimally when needs of body, mind and spirit are cared for.
- Serve as a minister to patients, families and staff. Sometimes this includes ritualizing life's experiences through prayer and celebration.
- Serve as a patient advocate clarifying the rights and responsibilities of patients.
- Respond to the needs of other healthcare Professionals working in a high-stress environment.
Questions to help assess your need for chaplaincy services
- Am I and/or my family member in need of spiritual/emotional support to cope with my/their situation?
- Am I and/or my family member in profound distress?
- Do I and/or my family member have questions related to Advance Directives or Ethical Decision making?
- Am I and/or my family member facing death or have we experienced a recent loss?
- If you need to reach a chaplain:
- From inside the hospital, please dial "O" and ask the operator to connect you with the On-Call Chaplain.
- From outside the hospital, please dial 208-367-2121 and ask the operator to connect you with the On-Call Chaplain.
Kissler Family Health Sciences Library
Through the generosity of Boise's Kissler family, the Saint Alphonsus library gives people the tools and resources to help them make more informed decisions about their healthcare.
7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
While you or a family member are a patient at Saint Alphonsus, the Kissler Family Health Sciences Library is there to help you make informed decisions about care. Reference books and journals are available for your use within the library. There are computer stations available for personal research, as well as accessing databases at the National Library of Medicine and the Internet. You are welcome to perform your own searches. Assistance is provided to library users. You may need to make an appointment.
Computer printouts for health research are $.10/page. A photocopier for health research is available at $.10/page.
Interpreters are available at no cost to our patients. We can supply trained interpreters in most languages, including sign language, and have telephone access to many other languages. For assistance, please contact the Hospitality Services Coordinator at 208-367-5463 or toll-free at 866-727-6248, (866-SARMC4U).
Located in the main S2 lobby and in the 2nd floor, South Tower main elevator lobby.
Showers are available Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please contact the Volunteer Department at 208-367-2111. They will direct you to the shower facilities and will provide complimentary toiletries and towels. The Gift Shop has shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste, razors, deodorant, combs and brushes available for purchase if you require additional toiletries. To use the showers during evenings or weekends, contact the Welcome Center at 208-367-2135, or your unit charge nurse.