From emergency to community, the Saint Alphonsus Primary Stroke Center is the only center from Boise, Idaho, to Baker City, Oregon, that offers the full continuum of comprehensive care for stroke patients. Saint Alphonsus was the first hospital in Idaho and the only hospital in the region to receive this prestigious clinical distinction from the Joint Commission.
The Stroke Center at Saint Alphonsus offers the most advanced healing care possible, including:
- Life Flight air medical transport to help ensure rapid treatment for stroke victims throughout Idaho.
- A dedicated stroke response team in the emergency department.
- A nursing staff that is specially trained and certified in caring for stroke patients.
- State-of-the-art equipment, such as the Biplane Angiography Suite.
- A large and experienced neurointerventional radiologist group. This group of specially trained physicians is able to diagnose and treat disorders of the blood vessels of the spine, neck and head with minimally invasive procedures, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Inpatient and outpatient stroke therapy programs staffed by specially trained therapists in stroke care.
Learn more about the signs and symptoms of stroke and how stroke is treated using the links in the left column of this page. Remember, a stroke is a medical emergency. If you're experiencing signs and symptoms of a stroke, call 911.
The Saint Alphonsus Primary Stroke Centeris located on our medical center campus in Boise, Idaho.
For more information on our stroke services, call 208-367-2937.