In keeping with the philosophy that we treat each person holistically, the certified chaplains of Spiritual Care Resources at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center — Nampa coordinate and treat the spiritual needs of patients, their families and friends, hospital staff, physicians, and volunteers. We also train and orient pastors of the area to help with initial evaluations and on-call services. We are available at all times for any emergency needs that arise.
Our key functions are:
- Helping people find comfort and meaning in the midst of crisis.
- Supporting people through appropriate religious services and rituals.
- Educating people about the methods of spiritual care.
- Responding and advising about ethical concerns and questions.
- Maintaining a chapel where people are invited to find comfort and quiet through prayer and meditation.
- Offering grief support and bereavement services to appropriate families and friends
Besides working in the hospital, our chaplains serve in home health, hospice and in several nursing homes in the community, as well as on a variety of community committees.
Download Advance Directives form (PDF) >