Our chapel is located in the main lobby of the central tower, adjacent to the main entrance, and is open 24 hours a day for prayer, meditation and quiet. Saint Alphonsus chaplains are available to patients and their families throughout the medical center.
- Assess and address the spiritual and emotional needs associated with illness, hospitalization and losses, which one may encounter on life's journey.
- Serve as consultants to patients, families and staff in ethical decision making.
- Serve as educators by reminding patients and staff that people function most optimally when needs of body, mind and spirit are cared for.
- Serve as ministers to patients, families and staff. Sometimes this includes ritualizing life's experiences through prayer and celebration.
- Serve as patient advocates by clarifying rights and responsibilities of patients.
- Respond to the needs of other healthcare professionals working in a high stress environment.
Questions to help assess your need for chaplaincy services
- Am I and/or my family member in need of spiritual/ emotional support to cope with a situation?
- Am I and/or my family member in profound distress?
- Do I and/or my family member have questions related to advance directives or ethical decision-making?
- Am I and/or my family member facing death or have we experienced a recent loss?
If you need to reach a chaplain
- From inside the hospital: Please dial “O” and ask the operator to connect you with the on-call chaplain.
- From outside the hospital: Please dial 208-367-2121 and ask the operator to connect you with the on-call chaplain.