Scheduled for Surgery?
Whether you are scheduled to go home after your surgery or spend a night or more at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center — Ontario, pre-admitting is the first step in your hospital experience.
The goal of pre-admitting is to simplify your hospital experience from registration to discharge, provide you with important information and an opportunity to ask questions, coordinate any testing you may need and address any worries you have.
A visit to Saint Alphonsus Medical Center — Ontario pre-admitting takes care of nearly everything you need to do before your scheduled surgery. Your pre-admitting visit will last approximately 30 to 60 minutes, depending on your personalized education plan and tests your doctor requests. There is no charge for the visit itself.
During your pre-admitting visit, you may:
- Fill out hospital admission forms.
- Verify your insurance coverage.
- Ask questions about costs and fees. Financial counselors are available to assist you in this area and may be reached at 541-881-7035.
- Talk with a registered nurse to plan your hospital stay.
- Get lab work and physician-ordered testing done.
- Learn what you should do to prepare for your surgery.
- Find out where and when to arrive on the day of surgery.
- Plan for your care when you leave the hospital after surgery.
Studies have shown that the education you receive before surgery can help you make a faster recovery. Pre-admitting gives you this type of education at a time when you are likely to benefit from it.
As soon as you and your doctor decide on a surgery date, call 541-881-7092 to set up an appointment. Our office is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon Friday.
Pre-admitting is located in the West Wing Surgery Admission desk (next to the emergency room entrance). You may park in the visitor parking area located just outside the emergency entrance of the hospital.