Caring for Our Community and Its Children
When a child is sick or injured, it is an especially stressful time for both child and family. We recognize the special challenges of caring for children and their unique physical, medical and emotional needs.
To meet these challenges Saint Alphonsus Medical Center — Nampa’s pediatric department provides inpatient and outpatient care in surroundings that are friendly, warm, and family-oriented.
- Around-the-clock care from a specially trained, all-RN pediatric staff with a high nurse-to-patient ratio.
- Age-appropriate care for patients from infancy through late adolescence.
- Diagnosis-specific care and teaching for a wide variety of conditions as varied as appendicitis, asthma, influenza and RSV.
- Access to toys, books, games, and movies.
- Family-centered care that allows parents, siblings, and guardians as much involvement in their child’s care as they desire. We provide open visiting hours for immediate family and beds to allow rooming in of parents.
- Culturally sensitive care, including interpreters and/or language line access.
We work as a team with our community-based Pediatricians and Family Practice physicians. Pediatric support departments include respiratory therapy, nutritional services, physical therapy, occupational therapy, laboratory, radiology, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, financial assistance, pastoral care, social work and others. If your child requires continuing care after discharge, we will arrange for care with your choice of home health agencies.
We strive for excellence in our service to your family. We treat our little patients the way we would want our own children treated. After all, in this small community, our patients are often children of friends, neighbors and co-workers! If you would like more information about Saint Alphonsus’s Pediatric Services, please call 208-463-5350.