Fellowship Year: 2001
Dr. Kennedy attended Aquinas College in Grand Rapids, MI where he earned a degree in Biology. He then attended the College of Charleston/Medical University of South Carolina where he earned a degree in Cell Biology. From there he went to Wayne State University School of Medicine for medical school. His Orthopedic surgery residency was at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit, MI. He completed a one-year fellowship in Orthopedic Foot and Ankle surgery with Dr. Coughlin in 2001.
Dr. Kennedy’s current clinical interests are in the treatment of arthritis and soft tissue injuries in the foot and ankle. Currently he is an adjunct team physician with a local high school, treating foot and ankle sports related injuries. He currently practices at Sports Medicine Oregon in Portland, OR.
Dr. Kennedy’s outside interests include hockey and skiing and big fan of the Oregon Ducks.
Sports Medicine Oregon 7
300 S.W. Childs Rd. Suite B
Tigard, OR 97224
Visit Dr. Kennedy’s website
Articles published with Dr. Coughlin
- Coughlin M, Grimes J.S. Kennedy M. Coralline Hydroxyapatite Bone Graft Substitute in Hindfoot Surgery. Foot Ankle Int. 27:19-22, 2006
- Jones C, Coughlin M, Grebing B. Kennedy M, Shurnas P, Viladot R, Galano P. First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Motion after Hallux Valgus Correction: A Cadaveric Study Foot Ankle Int. 26:614-619, 2005
- Jones C, Coughlin M, Pierce-Villadot R, Golano P, Kennedy M., Shurnas P., Grebing B, The validity and reliability of the Klaue device.. Foot Ankle International 26:951-956, 2005
- Coughlin M, Jones C, Villadot R, Galano P, Grebing B, Shurnas P, Kennedy M, Alvarez F. Hallux Valgus and First Ray Mobility: A Cadaveric Study. Foot Ankle Int. 25: 537 to 544, 2004
- Kennedy M, Coughlin M. Peroneus Longus rupture following a modified Evans Lateral Ankle Reconstruction. Orthopedics. 26:1059-1060, 2003
- Coughlin M, Kennedy, M. Operative Repair of Fourth and Fifth Toe Corns. Foot and Ankle Int. 24: 147-157, 2003
- Kennedy, M.P. Coughlin, M.J. Peg-in-socket arthrodesis of the first metatarsophalangeal joint. Foot and Ankle Int. 23:352-354, 2002.
- Mann, R.A., J. A. Mann, J. Jaakkola, and M. P. Kennedy. Short term results with 50 Scandinavian Total Ankle Replacements. Proc. Am. Ortho. Foot Ankle Society 17th Annual Summer Meeting, p 46, 2001.