Contact us for:
- Patient condition inquiries
- Interviewing Saint Alphonsus physicians and staff
- Booking guest speakers for your organization
Reporters and Media
If you need information for a news story or to request an interview with a Saint Alphonsus Health System physician, executive, staff member or patient, you should contact:
Media Access & Patient Privacy
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, also known as HIPAA, federal law requires reporters provide the on-call media representative with a patient’s name when requesting a patient’s condition. Only then can a condition be released. The number to call is 208-779-0560.
In addition, Saint Alphonsus Health System policy requires that media be escorted at all times while on any Saint Alphonsus Health System hospital campus. This includes Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center Boise, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Nampa, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Ontario, and Saint Alphonsus Medical Center - Baker City. To protect the rights and privacy of our patients television cameras are not allowed on campus unless clearance has been given by Saint Alphonsus Public Relations and/or Saint Alphonsus Security.
As long as the patient has not requested that information be withheld we will release the patient’s one-word condition. Below are the definitions associated with conditions:
- Undetermined: Patient is awaiting physician or assessment
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.