Fellowship Year: 2005
Dr. Jerry Speight Grimes, Jr. is currently in practice at The Center for Orthopedic Surgery in Lubbock, TX. His practice centers on the foot and ankle. Dr. Grimes attended Texas A&M where he completed his bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering. He worked at the Johnson Space Center as an electrical engineer for eight years. During that time Dr. Grimes attended the University of Houston where he graduated with a masters degree in electrical engineering in 1993. He left NASA in 1995 to attend the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston Texas. He graduated from medical school in 1999. He completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque in 2004.
He spent a year with Dr. Coughlin here at the Idaho Foot and Ankle fellowship finishing in 2005. Dr. Grimes joined the faculty of Texas Tech Health Science Lubbock campus as an assistant professor in 2005.
He moved his practice to The Center for Orthopedic Surgery in 2009. The Center for Orthopedic Surgery serves Eastern New Mexico and the Panhandle region of Texas with the only foot and ankle fellowship trained orthopedic surgeons in the region. Dr. Grimes may be contacted through the center at 1-800-870-7079.
The Center for Orthopedics
4642 N. Loop 289, Suite 101
Lubbock, TX USA 79416
Visit Dr. Grimes’ website
Publications with Dr. Coughlin
- Coughlin M, Grimes, J.S. Proximal metatarsal osteotomy and distal soft tissue reconstruction as treatment for hallux valgus deformity Keio Journal of Medicine. 54:60-65, 2005
- Coughlin M, Grimes, J.S. Geometric Analysis of the Weil Osteotomy. Foot Ankle Int. 27:985-992, 2006
- Grimes J.S., Coughlin M. First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis as a Treatment for Failed Hallux Valgus Surgery. Foot Ankle Int. 27:887-893, 2006
- Coughlin M, Grimes, J.S., Traughber P, Jones C. Comparison of radiographs and CT scans in the prospective evaluation of the fusion of hindfoot arthrodesis. Foot Ankle Int. 27:780-787, 2006
- Golano P, Viladot, R.Alvarez F, Coughlin M. Grimes J.Static Loading of Foot Structures for Radiographic Studies. Foot Ankle Int. 27:559-560,2006
- Coughlin M, Grimes J.S. Kennedy M. Coralline Hydroxyapatite Bone Graft Substitute in Hindfoot Surgery. Foot Ankle Int. 27:19-22, 2006