Welcome to Inpatient Rehabilitation at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center (SARMC). We are located on the hospital's 3-West and 4-West floors. Our Inpatient Rehabilitation Units boast highly experienced, skilled teams of therapists specializing in assisting people to recover or compensate for deficits resulting from:
Our Continuum of Care
Saint Alphonsus provides the only full scope of services in the region. These levels of service include:
- Life flight/emergency transport.
- The region's only trauma center.
- Critical care unit.
- Acute hospitalization/neuro-science unit.
- Comprehensive integrated inpatient rehabilitation.
- Comprehensive integrated outpatient rehabilitation (STARS).
- Home health services.
This broad continuum of care allows us to manage your care from the point of injury or illness until you are discharged back into your community of choice. This means that we are with you every step of the way!
Our Program adheres to the mission, vision and core values of Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center:
"We serve together at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center in Trinity Health, in the Spirit of the Gospel, to heal body, mind, and spirit, to improve the health of our communities, and to steward the resources entrusted to us."
We are a recognized leader in excellent care and service. We are a trusted partner in all relationships. We advocate for those in need.
Our Core Values
- Respect commits us to respect every human being because each is created, loved, and called by God to life everlasting.
- Compassion commits us to give of ourselves in order to respond appropriately to the needs of others.
- Social Justice commits us, through the use of individual and organizational action and influence, to enable all to participate in society in seeking the common good.
- Care of the poor and under served commits us to actively seek ways to provide services to the less fortunate in our community.
- Excellence commits us to the highest standard in all that we do.
Our Strategic Goals
- Be a viable and operationally efficient post-acute Rehabilitation Unit.
- Expand the sub-acute Rehabilitation Unit; expand the role of Rehabilitation Admission Coordinators (RACs) to track and follow patients discharged from acute to sub-acute.
- Be a cutting edge Rehabilitation Center with state of the art equipment, advanced training; and ongoing monitoring/implementation of evidence-based practices.
- Increase rate of Certified Rehabilitation Nurses (CRRN’s); develop an effective nursing retention/incentivization program.
- Consider outdoor space options for patients and an in-house pool for aquatic therapies.
- Increase focus on geriatrics and “aging in place.”