- The Coughlin Clinic Boise, Idaho: 2009 to present
- Panorama Orthopedics Golden, Colorado: 2004 to 2009
- Foot and Ankle Fellowship The Foundation for Orthopedic Athletic & Reconstructive Research, Houston, Texas.
- Director: Leland A. Winston, M.D. and Thomas O. Clanton, M.D.
- AOFAS Summer Meeting 2004 Best Fellowship Presentation Award
- Washington University Medical School Orthopedic Surgical Residency, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Chairman: Richard Gelberman M.D.
- Resident Teacher Award for Excellence in Teaching 2003
- Washington University Medical School General Surgical Residency, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Chairman: Timothy Eberlein M.D.
- Washington University Medical School General Surgical Internship, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Chairman: Samuel Wells M.D.
- University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Early admission acceptance, 1988.
- M.D. June 1996.
- Medical Student Achievement Award.
- Alpha Omega Alpha.
- Howard Hughes Research Scholar Fellowship, National Institutes of Health
- Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota.
- Magna cum laude.
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- Sigma Xi.
- Major: Chemistry.
- B.A. with distinction in Chemistry comprehensives.
- America's Top Orthopedists 2010
- Walter A. Smith Award Best Lecture North Pacific Orthopedic Society 85th; Annual Meeting September 2010
- AOFAS Summer Meeting Best Fellowship Presentation Award 2004
- Washington University School of Medicine Department of Orthopedics Resident Teacher Award for Excellence in Teaching 2003
- University of Minnesota Medical School Medical Student Achievement Award 1996
- Alpha Omega Alpha 1996
- University of Minnesota Medical School Early admission acceptance, 1988
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Sigma Xi
- Director of Research St. Alphonsus Coughlin Clinic 2010
- Vice President Panorama Orthopedics Research and Education Foundation 2008
- Golden Ridge Surgery Center Clinical Review Committee 2008-2009
- Master of Ceremonies Panorama Orthopedics 8th Annual Walk for Joint Health 2008
- Team Physician D'Evelyn High School Football 2008
- Team Physician D'Evelyn High School Football 2007
- Team Physician Chatfield High School Football 2006
- Team Physician Chatfield High School Football 2005
- Idaho: June 24, 2009-June 30, 2010
- Oregon: October 26, 2009 - December 31, 2011
- Colorado: July 6, 2004 – May 31, 2011
- Missouri: June 1999-January 2010
- Passed Qualification Exam of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery: July 28, 2006
- Elected Fellow of the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery: March 9, 2008
- North Pacific Orthopedic Society: May 24, 2010
- Idaho Medical Association: 2009
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Fellow: March 9, 2008
- American Foot and Ankle Society Fellow March 12, 2004
- Active Member: May 6, 2008
- American Medical AssociationColorado Medical Society: 2003
- Alpha Omega Alpha: 1996
- Phi Beta Kappa: 1990
- Sigma Xi: 1990
Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery British: 2010
- Michael J. Coughlin, MD; Travis J. Kemp, MD; and Christopher B. Hirose, MD Turf Toe: Soft Tissue and Osteocartilaginous Injury to the First Metatarsophalangeal Joint The Physician and Sportsmedicine 38(1):2010
- Hirose CB Osteosynthesis of displaced intra-articular calcaneal fractures: Long Term Review of 47 Cases Further Opinions JBJS British 2010
- Kemp TJ, Hirose CB, Coughlin MJ, Otto R Treatment of Chronic Tophaceous Gout with a Wound Vacuum-Assist Device. Foot and Ankle International 31(8):729-731, 2010.
- Kemp TJ, Hirose CB, Coughlin MJ Fracture of the Second Metatarsal Following Suture Button Fixation Device in the Correction of Hallux Valgus. Foot and Ankle International 31(8):712-716, 2010.
- Hirose CB, Wright RW Calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate deposition disease (pseudogout) after total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 22(2):273-6, 2007
- Zhu F, Johnson JE, Hirose CB, Bae TK Chronic Plantar Fasciitis: Acute Changes in the Heel after Extracorporeal High Energy Shock Wave: Observations at MR Imaging. Radiology. 234(1):206-210, 2005.
- Hirose CB, Johnson JE Plantarflexion Opening Wedge Medial Cuneiform Osteotomy for Correction of Fixed Forefoot Varus Associated with Flatfoot Deformity Foot and Ankle International 25(8):568-74, 2004.
- Roh H, Boswell CB, Hirose CB, Pippin JA, Drebin JA Synergistic Antitumor Effects of HER2/neu Antisense Oligodeoxynucleotides and Conventional Chemotherapeutic agents, Surgery 126(2): 413-21, Aug 1999.
- Roh H, Pippin, JA, Green DW, Boswell DB, Hirose C, Mokadam NA, Drebin JA HER2/neu antisense targeting of human breast carcinoma, Oncogene 19:6138-6143, 2000.
- Fowler DH, Breglio J, Nagel G, Hirose CB, Gress RE Allospecific CD4+, Th1/Th2 and CD8+ Tc1/Tc2 Populations in Murine GVL: Type I Cells Generate GVL, Type II Cells Abrogate GVL. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 1996, 2, 118-25.
- Mohrig JR, Hirose C, et al. "The Diastero-Selectivity of Enolate Anion Protonation." The Journal of the American Chemical Society. 1997,119, 479-486.
- Christopher B. Hirose, Thomas O. Clanton, Robert M. Wood Etiology of Injury to the Foot and Ankle. DeLee and Drez's Orthopedic Sports Medicine Principles and Practice 3rd Ed. Philadelphia, PA. 2171-2205, 2010.
- Hirose CB, McGarvey Innovations in Peripheral Nerve Problems: Peripheral Nerve Entrapments. Foot Ankle Clin. 9(2):255-69, 2004.
- Johnson JE, Hirose CB Secondary Interdigital Neuroma Resection. Master Techniques in Orthopedic Surgery, The Foot and Ankle, 2nd Ed. Philadelphia, PA. 183-195, 2002.
- Hirose CB Total Ankle Arthroplasty 85th Annual Meeting North Pacific Orthopedic Society Coeur d'Alene Resort, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho September 25, 2010.
- Hirose CB Ankle Arthritis: Current Treatment Strategies. 3rd Annual Arthritis Symposium: Keeping in Step—Living Well with Arthritis St. Alphonsus Hospital, Boise, Idaho June 19, 2010.
- Hirose CB Total Ankle Arthroplasty: The Promises, the Pitfalls, and the Future: Comparison with Ankle Fusion St. Elizabeth Hospital, Baker City, Oregon June 2010.
- Hirose CB Ankle Fractures: A Comparison Between the Healthy and the Diabetic. Mercy Medical Center Grand Rounds, Nampa, Idaho June 9, 2010.
- Hirose CB, Temp TJ, Coughlin MJ Idaho Academy of Family Physicians 62nd Annual Conference Half Day Foot Conference The Sprained Ankle, Tendon Problems about The Foot and Ankle, Nerve Problems of the Leg and Hindfoot, Treatment of Intractable Plantar Keratoses and Warts by the Primary Care Physician; Use of Orthotics West Yellowstone, MT May 2010.
- Hirose CB Ankle Sprains and Tendon Injuries. Micron Corporation, Boise, Idaho May 2010.
- Hirose CB Total Ankle Arthroplasty St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center Workman's Comp Group, Boise, Idaho May 2010.
- Hirose CB Ankle Fractures: A Comparison Between the Healthy and the Diabetic. St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center Grand Rounds, Boise, Idaho November 20, 2009.
- Hirose CB Ankle The Complicated Ankle Sprain. Colorado Sports Medicine Symposium, Golden, Colorado 2008.
- Hirose CB It's just an Ankle Sprain. 33rd Annual Spring Orthopedic Day, Westminster, Colorado 2006.
- Hirose CB Chronic Ankle Instability: Diagnosis, Treatment and Outcomes. Colorado Sports Medicine Symposium, Golden, Colorado 2006.
- Hirose CB, Johnson JE The Use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging for Evaluation of the Local Tissue Effects of High Dose Extracorporeal Shockwave Treatment for Chronic Proximal Plantar Fasciitis 21st Annual Summer Meeting, American Orthopedics of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Boston 2005.
- Hirose CB Ankle Arthritis: Current Operative Management Strategies 32nd Annual Spring Orthopedic Day, Westminster, Colorado 2005.
- Hirose CB, Clanton TO Complications of Flatfoot Correction Using Allograft 20th Annual Summer Meeting, American Orthopedics of Foot and Ankle Surgery, Seattle 2004. Winner Best Fellowship Presentation Award.
- Christopher B. Hirose, MD; Joseph Borrelli, Jr., MD; Scott Mitchell, MD; William M. Ricci, MD. Closed Tibia Shaft Fractures in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus: Complications and Relative Risk Orthopedic Trauma Association Annual Meeting, Salt Lake City 2003.
- Hirose CB, Johnson JE The Use of Plantarflexion Opening Wedge Medial Cuneiform Osteotomy for Correction of Fixed Forefoot Varus Associated with Flatfoot Deformity 33rd Annual Meeting of the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society, 2003.
- Hirose C, Green D, Roh H, Pippin J, Drebin JA Optimization of antisense oligonucleotides targeting the HER2/neu oncogene. Annual Meeting of the Association for Academic Surgery, 1999.
- Drebin JA, Roh H, Boswell CB, Hirose C, Pippin J, Synergistic anti-tumor effects of HER2/neu antisense oligodeoxynucleotides and conventional chemotherapeutic agents. Annual Meeting of the Society of University Surgeons, 1999.
- Hirose CB, Aotsuka N, Cohen PA, Kurasawa K, Fowler DH, Gress RE, Donor Anti-host CD4+ Lymphocytes of Th1 Cytokine Phenotype Generate a Graft-Versus-Leukemia Effect: Inhibition by Th2-Type CD4+ Lymphocytes.
- Experimental Immunology Branch and *Surgery Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892. ≠HHMI-NIH Research Scholar.
Back to top