Through ongoing research our goal is to prolong and improve the quality of life in the communities we serve by conducting and disseminating findings of high quality cardiovascular research.
Cardiovascular diseases remain the leading cause of death and disability in the United States and one of the fastest rising causes of death and disability in the world. Our research seeks to improve the care and treatment of adult patients with cardiovascular conditions. Comprised of clinical and outcomes research, studies are supported by philanthropy, federal sponsors, industry, or foundation grants.
As cardiovascular disease syndromes become better understood, translating and applying these results to clinical practice and new therapies continues to improve patient outcomes. Our goal is to bring cutting edge clinical research and clinical trial opportunities to our patients. Thus, we combines the expertise of practicing cardiologists and comprehensive clinical trial management services to support single- and multi-center national and international clinical trials of cardiovascular drugs and devices.
Vision and Focus
Our vision and focus is a consortium of Investigators capable of;
- Developing and/or conducting innovative and state of the art clinical trials.
- Performing regional educational activities for health care personnel and the general public, educating persons on the recognition, treatment and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Research areas of focus:
- Cardiovascular noninvasive imaging
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Intensive Care
- Clinical Hypertension
- Clinical Lipidology
- Heart Failure
- Interventional Cardiology
- Preventive Cardiology
- Women’s Heart Care
Current Cardiovascular Research Studies