Saturday, June 1, 2013
The Saint Alphonsus Capitol Classic Race is open to kids ages 6 to 14, of ALL abilities. The one-mile course starts at the Historic Boise Train Depot and ends at the State Capitol with a Finish Fair in Capitol Park. Everyone is a winner and receives an Olympic-style medal, T-shirt and complimentary refreshments.
Proceeds from the Classic benefit programs for children's health at Saint Alphonsus.
- Click here for registration. There is no race day registration, pre-registration is required. You can register on-line and through paper forms (available at all Boise and Meridian elementary schools) until 5pm on May 31. A $5 late fee will be charged for registrations received after May 27. Note: We've recently updated our on-line registration site, so it may look different if you have already visited the site.
- Participants must be between the ages of 6 and 14. No one under the age of 6 may participate.
- Packet Pickup: Thursday, May 30 from 9am until 7pm at the Saint Alphonsus Foundation, 6090 W. Emerald, Boise, ID - located in the Emerald Professional Park. Packets must be picked up on this day.
Race Date: Saturday, June 1, 2013
- Start Time: 11 a.m., but racers need to be at the Depot by 10:15 a.m.
- Participants: Boys and girls ages 6-14 years old of all abilities. For information on the adapted shortened course for those who use assistive devices (walkers, wheelchairs), call 208-367-3997.
- Course: The one-mile race on Capitol Boulevard starts at the Boise Depot and finishes at Capitol Park by the Idaho Statehouse.
- Festivities: All racers and their families are invited to the "Finish Fair" in Capitol Park at the end of the race.
*Registration assistance is available for anyone unable to pay the full registration fee. Call 208-367-3997 for the registration assistance application.
The Saint Alphonsus Capitol Classic Race was started by Ron and Betsy Twilegar in 1983 to encourage young people to become interested in physical fitness, especially running. At that first race, held on Sept. 2, 1983, 1,000 children ran from the State Capitol Building to the Union Pacific Depot. Through the efforts of Dr. Michael and Kirsten Coughlin, Saint Alphonsus became involved with supporting the race in 1987. The race date was changed to the end of the school year and has continued as a tradition for many Treasure Valley families.
2013 Executive Committee
Gerald Bell Craig Jussel
Diane Burns Jennifer Matthews
Doug Cooper Wayne Norman
Diann Davis-Martin Carol Pfeiffer
Tiffany Dean Susie Schumacher
Fred Ellis Tim Severa
Marsha Enright Dustin Schuldies
Ron Enright Corey Simpson
Jana Estes Lita Simpson
Kent Hamilton Cathy Sorger