Saturday, June 7, 2014
The Saint Alphonsus Capitol Classic Race is open to kids ages 6 to 14, of ALL abilities. The one-mile course starts at the Historic Boise Train Depot and ends at the State Capitol with a Finish Fair in Capitol Park. Everyone is a winner and receives an Olympic-style medal, T-shirt and complimentary refreshments.
Proceeds from the Classic benefit programs for children's health at Saint Alphonsus.
- To register for the 2014 Capitol Classic Children's Race, click here.
Packet Pick Up: Thursday, June 5, 2014 - Big Al's on Eagle Road - NEW LOCATION
- Mark Your Calendars: All racers must pick up their race packets on Thursday, June 5 between 10a - 8p at Big Al's located at 1900 N. Eagle Road, Meridian, ID 83642. Big Al's will be providing participants with a special offer to stay and enjoy some fun!
- As a reminder, packets will not be available on race day.
Race Date: Saturday, June 7, 2014
- Start Time: 11 a.m., but racers need to be at the Depot by 10:00 a.m.
- Participants: Boys and girls ages 6-14 years old of all abilities. For information on the adapted shortened course for those who use assistive devices (walkers, wheelchairs).
- Course: The one-mile race on Capitol Boulevard starts at the Boise Depot and finishes at Capitol Park by the Idaho Statehouse.
- Festivities: All racers and their families are invited to the "Finish Fair" in Capitol Park at the end of the race.
- Group Photo: Join us for a 2014 group photo on the steps of the Capitol Building at noon.
The Capitol Classic would not be possible without the assistance of 300+ volunteers. These individuals help to ensure this is a safe and enjoyable event for every child who participates. With just a few hours of your time, you can make a meaningful contribution to youth in our community by helping them develop a love of physical fitness.
To view opportunities available and register as a volunteer, click here.
The Saint Alphonsus Capitol Classic Race was started by Ron and Betsy Twilegar in 1983 to encourage young people to become interested in physical fitness, especially running. At that first race, held on Sept. 2, 1983, 1,000 children ran from the State Capitol Building to the Union Pacific Depot. Through the efforts of Dr. Michael and Kirsten Coughlin, Saint Alphonsus became involved with supporting the race in 1987. The race date was changed to the end of the school year and has continued as a tradition for many Treasure Valley families.
2014 Executive Committee
Gerald Bell Craig Jussel
Diane Burns Jennifer Matthews
Wayne Norman Cathy Sorger
Diann Davis-Martin Carol Pfeiffer
Tiffany Dean Susie Schumacher
Fred Ellis Tim Severa
Marsha Enright Dustin Schuldies
Ron Enright Corey Simpson
Jana Estes Lita Simpson