Taking a hike, singing around the campfire, making crafts and new friends...all of these make up our fond childhood memories of summer camp. Now, children with asthma can go camping and make some memories of their own.
Every August, Camp Super Breathers takes place in Stanley, Idaho. It is a five-day camping program for children with asthma, ages 9 to 13, who might otherwise never have a chance to enjoy the camping experience. While your child freely participates in day hikes, water sports, campfires, games, crafts, skits, and more, his or her health and safety is our main priority. Medical supervision and healthcare is provided to assure a safe, healthy and happy camping experience for each child.
The mission of Camp Super Breathers is to promote optimal health and wellness for children with asthma in a camp setting. We strive to achieve a child-centered educational and social experience by providing opportunities to learn asthma management skills for life. We recognize the importance of fun and recreation, which address self-esteem, self-reliance, self-management of asthma, and social skills. We support an environment which preserves the dignity of each person in a loving and caring manner.
- Boys and girls, ages 9-13, on daily medication for asthma
- Physician approval is required
- Day hikes
- Various water sports
- Campfire activities
- Education program includes interactive educational activities and programs which help children effectively manage their asthma.
- Many other sports and activities
Your child's health and safety is our number one priority. Camp Super Breathers is an outdoor experience for children with asthma in a medically-supervised and controlled environment. While children participate in all the fun and exciting camp activities:
- Around-the-clock medical supervision is provided by pediatric and respiratory physicians, nurses, pharmacists and respiratory therapists.
- Daily medications are provided at scheduled intervals to monitor and treat each child's respiratory condition.
- Counselors with CPR and First Aid certification staff each boys' and girls' cabin.
Camp Super Breathers is sponsored by the American Lung Association of Idaho and presented by Saint Alphonsus Pulmonary Services.
- A five-day camp for kids ages, 9-13, with varying degrees of asthma
- Luther Heights Bible Camp, Stanley, Idaho
- Staffed by volunteers from the professional medical community
- $200 per child for four nights and five days, includes all meals and activities. Camp scholarships, or "camperships," are available.
For more information on Camp Super Breathers call 208-367-3199.