Fellowship Year: 2003
Dr. Grebing earned his medical degree from George Washington University School of Medicine and completed a general surgery internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center. He completed fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery at the Idaho Foot and Ankle Fellowship Program in Boise, Idaho in 2003.
His practice focuses on adolescent and adult foot and ankle disorders, including arthritis, degenerative conditions, trauma, forefoot deformities, neuromuscular conditions and sports injuries. His interests include forefoot deformity and adult hallux valgus deformity. In addition to foot and ankle, Dr. Grebing’s practice includes general orthopedics, sports medicine and fracture care.
He has published several articles and book chapters on foot and ankle disorders. Outside of clinical practice he continues to conduct research in the treatment of foot and ankle disorders.
Center for Advanced Orthopedics
812 State Route 162, Ste 123
Maryville, IL 62062
Articles published with Dr. Coughlin
- Coughlin M, Grebing B, Jones C. Arthrodesis of the Metatarsophalangeal Joint for Idiopathic Hallux Valgus: Intermediate Results. Foot Ankle Int 26:783-792, 2005
- Jones C, Coughlin M, Grebing B. Kennedy M, Shurnas P, Viladot R, Galano P. First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Motion after Hallux Valgus Correction: A Cadaveric Study Foot Ankle Int. 26:614-619, 2005
- Jones C, Coughlin M, Pierce-Villadot R, Golano P, Kennedy M., Shurnas P., Grebing B, The validity and reliability of the Klaue device.. Foot Ankle International 26:951-956, 2005
- Glasoe W, Grebing B, Beck S, Coughlin M, Saltzman C. A comparison of device measures of dorsal first ray mobility. Foot Ankle Int. 26:957-961,2005
- Coughlin M, Jones C, Villadot R, Galano P, Grebing B, Shurnas P, Kennedy M, Alvarez F. Hallux Valgus and First Ray Mobility: A Cadaveric Study. Foot Ankle Int. 25: 537 to 544, 2004
- Grebing B, Coughlin M. The Effect of Ankle Position on the Exam for First Ray Mobility. Foot Ankle Int. 25: 467 to 475, 2004
- Grebing, B., Coughlin, M.: Evaluation of Morton’s Theory of Second Metatarsal Hypertrophy. J Bone Joint Surg.86-A:1375-1386, 2004
- Grebing B, Coughlin M. Evaluation of the Esmark Bandage as a Tourniquet for Forefoot Surgery used as a lower extremity tourniquet . Foot Ankle Int. 25: 397-405, 2004
- Coughlin M, Schenck R, Grebing B, Treme G. Comprehensive Reconstruction of the Lateral Ankle for Chronic Instability Using a Free Gracilis Graft. Foot Ankle Int. 25:231-241, 2004