As far back as 1900, when Saint Alphonsus installed the first x-ray equipment in Idaho, we've been known for innovation in medical imaging technologies and treatments.
Saint Alphonsus Radiology and Medical Imaging department provides state-of-the-art diagnostic procedures and treatments-from detecting disease at its earliest phase, to quickly scanning the bones and internal organs of a trauma patient.
Our highly-skilled imaging technologists, support staff and board-certified radiologists provide radiology consultation services 24 hours a day with a broad range of comprehensive specialties.
Saint Alphonsus was the first in the region to:
- Develop a 3-D imaging lab to render 3-D and other special images of CT scans so physicians can easily "fly-through" and around a patient's anatomy, realistically diagnosing conditions, screening disease and planning for surgery
- Install a neurointerventional bi-plane angiography suite that defines the exact scope of an aneurysm or AVM in 3-D to enable physicians to set a course of treatment immediately
- Establish a Picture Archiving Communication System (PACS) to view digital images on computers through out the Medical Center and physician offices.
- Install a 640-multi-detector CT scanner to provide patients with a quicker, more accurate diagnosis
Full Service Diagnostic Imaging
- 640-multi-detector CT Scanning Technology
- High-field MRI
- Diagnostic General Radiology
- Computerized Technology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Trauma Radiology
- Special Procedures
- Neuro bi-plane angiography
- Vascular (peripheral angiography)
- Interventional procedures
- Comprehensive Mammography Program
- Osteoporosis Screening