When you decide to bring a baby into the world, you've already made one of the most important choices of your life. Choosing to have your baby at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center, Ontario will ensure that you receive high-quality care throughout your pregnancy and birth experience. Our patient- and family-friendly staff strive to make your birth experience full of special memories which will be treasured forever.
Our maternity center amenities include:
- Your own completely private birthing suite including bathroom
- Personalized 1:1 nursing care during labor
- Cuisine on Call ~ order from the menu when YOU want to eat
- Special celebration meal for mom and dad before discharge (or a meal sent home if you can't stay for the celebration meal!)
- Professional Newborn photo package
- Electronic security for newborns
- Discharge Bag
- TVs and DVD players in every room
- Jetted tub for laboring mothers
- Fetal monitor telemetry – ability to move around during labor and not being confined to the bed
- Skin to skin with your newborn immediately after birth
- Guest bed in room - so dad (or grandma!) can stay with you after delivery.
- Your choice of pain management options, including epidurals
- Your own completely private recovery room with bathroom
- Availability to have your newborn room-in with you after delivery, or nurses available to take care of your newborn in the well-baby nursery while you get some rest
- Childbirth Classes
- Wi-Fi in every room for you and your guests
Planning for your new little one's arrival is such a fun time. From beginning to end, our staff strives to increase your knowledge about pregnancy, birth and post-birth period. Prenatal classes, breast feeding support or everyday questions can all be answered with assurance by our specialty trained nurses.
To find an obstetric physician or provider in Ontario click here.
Saint Alphonsus maternity services provide safe, evidence based medicine care by our knowledgeable clinical staff. At Saint Alphonsus, mothers and babies receive the highest quality care demonstrated by:
- 100% of nursing staff certified in Electronic Fetal Monitoring
- Evidence based medicine protocols that ensure in a given situation that the same steps are followed, which have been proven to produce the best outcome
- Congenital Heart Screening for all newborns
- Hearing Screenings for all newborns prior to discharge
Labor and Delivery
Labor and the birth of your baby take place in your own private birthing suite. You decide who will be involved in the birth and to what extent. Select family members can remain comfortably with you or in the separate family waiting area.
You choose the type of pain management techniques you would like to use. Saint Alphonsus offers a variety of choices, so you can be sure there is the right choice for you. Anesthesia choices include epidurals and hydrotherapy—you and your physician get to choose what is best for your birth experience.
Post Partum Care After Delivery
After delivery, your baby stays right in your room—allowing much time to bond, oooh and ahhh! Specially trained nurses care for both you and your baby 24/7. Your baby stays in your room with you as much as you desire, and feeding happens naturally when the baby is hungry. Should you need some extra rest, your nurse will be happy to take care of your newborn while you sleep.
You and your support person are treated to a special celebration meal and cuisine on call is available for you to choose all your meals, making every aspect of care tailored to your personal choices.
Our experienced nurses are trained to assist you with breastfeeding and referrals to a Lactation Consultant are available if needed. You will have access to home visits in both Malheur and Payette counties by trained nurses – a little extra care at home!
The individualized care at Saint Alphonsus Medical Center, Ontario helps ensure that your baby, you and your family have a special birthing time.
Education Classes and Support Groups
Childbirth Preparation Classes
The Childbirth Preparation Series consists of five childbirth classes designed to prepare you and your support person for the labor and birth of your child. Relaxation, breathing and coaching techniques are presented. The series includes a tour of thematernity center so you can be prepared and familiar with what to expect during your hospital stay. The final class discusses characteristics and care of a newborn, including breastfeeding.
The Childbirth Preparation Series is offered once a week for five weeks, from 7- 9 p.m. The fee for the course is $30.00. Call 541-881-7310 to learn more and to register.
Baby and Me
Tuesdays | 10 - 11 a.m.
This free educational session for babies and parents covers a variety of topics. No registration is necessary – you can join us anytime on the schedule. Bring your friends and baby’s new friends as well. Call (541) 881-7310 to learn more.
Breastfeeding Support and Encouragement Group
Tuesdays | 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
This free group is available to answer your questions on breastfeeding! Bring your baby and join us for this great opportunity to get helpful information and meet other new mothers and their babies. No registration is required. Call (541) 881-7310 to learn more.