Choosing to breastfeed your baby will bring you an experience that will always be cherished. Breastfeeding is a key component of your baby’s health and provides unique health benefits for both mother and baby. We are here to support a happy, healthy, and lasting breastfeeding experience for both mother and child and the family.
The Infant Nutrition and Lactation Program at Saint Alphonsus offers comprehensive breastfeeding programs and services for patients, staff, and the community. Our IBCLC-Certified Lactation Consultants and Lactation Nurses are trained in techniques that increase breastfeeding success and will work with you to prevent or solve any problems you may encounter.
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes
- Breastfeeding support groups
- Warmline Breastfeeding Telephone support
- IBCLC-Certified Lactation Consultants
- Outpatient assessment and consultations
- In-patient consultations and support
- Breastpump leasing
- Retail store offering nursing bras, electric breast pumps, nursing stools, nursing pillows, milk storage bags, and hydrogel pads
- Lactation training for health care providers
- Lactation consultations and support for families with infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
How can a Lactation Consultant help?
- Positioning and latch techniques
- Engorgement management
- Promoting milk production
- Infant sucking issues
- Choosing correct lactation equipment, such as a good breast pump for use when returning to work
- Special breastfeeding needs such as slow weight gain, jaundice, multiple births, premature baby, mother/baby separation due to illness of mother or mother is returning to work, neurologic impairment, breastfeeding an adopted baby, and more
To receive more information about our classes, support groups and services, talk with a Lactation Consultant or schedule a lactation appointment, call 208-367-4063 in Boise or 208-463-5259 in Nampa. Our classes, support groups and consultations are open and available to any mother and baby.