Choosing to breastfeed your baby will bring you an experience that will always be cherished. Breastfeeding is a key component of your baby’s health and provides unique health benefits for both mother and baby. We are here to support a happy, healthy, and lasting breastfeeding experience for both mother and child and the family.
The Infant Nutrition and Lactation Program at Saint Alphonsus offers comprehensive breastfeeding programs and services for patients, staff, and the community. Our IBCLC-Certified Lactation Consultants and Lactation Nurses are trained in techniques that increase breastfeeding success and will work with you to prevent or solve any problems you may encounter.
- Prenatal breastfeeding classes
- Breastfeeding support groups - These free support groups are held weekly in Boise and Nampa. There is no cost, and registration is not required. Stop by anytime to join us.
- Boise: Tuesdays from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. in the Family Center (900 N. Liberty Street, Suite 204, Boise, ID 83704)
- Nampa: Thursdays from 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. at the Birkeland Maternity Center Haglin Conference Room (4402 E. Flamingo, Nampa, ID 83687 - 1st Floor)
- Warmline Breastfeeding Telephone support
- IBCLC-Certified Lactation Consultants
- Prenatal and Postpartum Outpatient Lactation Consultations
- In-patient consultations and support
- Breastpump leasing
- Retail store offering nursing bras, electric breast pumps, nursing stools, nursing pillows, milk storage bags, Bravado Nursing Bras, Hands Free Pumping Bras, breast pump replacement parts for Medela and Ameda products and hydrogel pads
- Lactation training for health care providers
- Lactation consultations and support for families with infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Our Lactation Consultants and Lactation Physical Therapist (Boise location only) can help with:
- Positioning and latch
- Engorgement management
- Managing milk supply- low supply; overabundant supply; maintaining supply
- Breastfeeding after breast reductions and augmentations
- Adoption and breastfeeding
- Returning to Work
- Breast and/or nipple pain with breastfeeding
- Preterm infants
- Early term infants
- Concerns about infant weight gain; Slow weight gain
- Multiple births
- Infant sucking issues
- Neurologic impairment
- Choosing the right lactation equipment, such as the right breast pump for your needs
- Preparing for breastfeeding – individual prenatal consultations
- Maternal health concerns and breastfeeding
- Weaning from nipple shields and pumping
To receive more information about our classes, support groups and services, talk with a Lactation Consultant or schedule a lactation appointment, call 208-367-4063 in Boise or 208-288-4852 in Nampa. Our classes, support groups and consultations are open and available to any mother and baby.