CARE’s innovative services have received praise from local refugee communities and healthcare professionals alike, and have earned the clinic a national reputation as a model for culturally responsive maternal/child healthcare.
Services available through the CARE clinic include:
- Specialized prenatal care, including innovative group visits with peers and culturally-informed childbirth preparation and maternal nutrition outreach;
- Health advising services provided by a peer liaison from the patient’s own culture of origin, to assist refugee families to navigate the local healthcare system, access available resources, and adjust to new cultural norms;
- Live language interpretation services in as many as 15 languages, as well as over-the-phone support;
- Culturally relevant early parenting and child safety outreach, including infant nutrition outreach;
- Care Clinic imageExperienced pediatric care and immunization services for infants through 18 months of age, promoting the healthiest possible start for our newest first-generation citizens;
- Access to an incentive store, in which refugee families may redeem points earned for healthy behaviors in exchange for basic infant care items.
All in one convenient, welcoming location!
For additional information, please contact:
CARE Clinic Manager
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
c/o the Family Center
1055 North Curtis Road, Boise, ID 83706