Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center is proud of our award-winning inpatient diabetes program that is accredited by the American Association of Diabetes Educators. Additionally, our outstanding program was the first in Idaho to earn the Certificate of Distinction for Advanced Inpatient Diabetes Care from The Joint Commission.
To earn this distinction, Saint Alphonsus' Inpatient Diabetes program underwent an extensive on-site evaluation by a team of Joint Commission reviewers specializing in diabetes. The program was evaluated against Joint Commission standards through an assessment of the program’s processes, the program’s ability to evaluate and improve care across all inpatient settings, and interviews with patients and staff. Receiving this certification assures all patients with diabetes will receive outstanding care consistent with national best practice standards in diabetes care.
The program offers:
- Assessment of patients with diabetes starts at the beginning of their hospital stay
- Analysis is done on each patient to help tailor any needs in education, medical knowledge, nutrition, and resources
- Doctor/patient consultations available with Medical Director and diabetes specialists
- Family members are intimately involved in care plan
- All care providers are vested in the patient's diabetes care