Why Choose Us?
When you look for plans on the Health Insurance Exchange, make sure you choose one that includes the quality and unique services offered by Saint Alphonsus.
To make it easy to get the quality of Saint Alphonsus – wherever you live – we've formed the Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance, a network that includes over 1500 doctors and providers, 8 hospitals and nearly 600 clinics across the region.
The following plans include the Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance:
- Blue Cross Connect, Choice & HSA Saver
- PacificSource Smart Alliance
In Eastern Oregon:
- Moda (formerly ODS)
- Health Republic (the Co-Op)
Find a Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance Provider
Call 208-367-DOCS (3627) or 877-401-DOCS (3627)
What is the Health Alliance?
For you to understand the value in choosing a Saint Alphonsus related physician, we think it’s important to start by highlighting the fundamental shifts we are making to improve health outcomes, reduce the cost of healthcare, and make care easy to access.
Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance is a network of hospitals, doctors and providers working together to see the best care principles are being delivered, so we can make unprecedented shifts towards reducing costs and rewarding great outcomes.
The Alliance is working to help:
- People currently healthy remain that way
- Providers stay on top of care and focused on early detection for people who have high risks for becoming ill
- Reduce healthcare costs by improving outcomes
- Prevent expensive complications
- Reduce avoidable hospitalizations
- Reduce expensive duplication of services by better managing or coordinating care beyond a doctor or hospital visit
If you think about it, it should cost very little to keep people healthy. Preventing disease or finding it very early when it is likely more treatable, will cost much less in the long-term. Making the right care available at the right time and in the right place will also be important.
And if people do get sick, they should be quickly and accurately diagnosed, the treatment options should be clearly outlined and available, and the necessary support should be provided.
Key services offered or supported by Saint Alphonsus, include:
- Patient Navigators help patients access the most appropriate care in a timely manner
- Patient Centered Medical Homes offer patients a team approach to care
- Express Care & Urgent Care offer lower cost medical visits, compared to an Emergency Department, and are open 7 days a week
- iTriage helps consumers assess their health symptoms then recommends where to go for care and maps out the closest medical facilities
- 367-DOCS helps consumers schedule appointments to any doctor or provider in The Alliance
- 367-COST helps estimate out-of-pocket costs of procedures performed at Saint Alphonsus hospitals, based on a consumer’s specific insurance plan and deductibles
- Corporate Wellness programs help prevent chronic illness and keep employees healthy and productive
Most people think quality is inherent in hospitals and they would be right. However, rather than meeting minimum regulatory standards, The Alliance is focused on achieving maximum standards.
- Our Quality Care Continuums identify common diseases or conditions — such as stroke, diabetes, pregnancy, breast cancer, congestive heart failure, or joint replacement surgery — and bring experts together to share the most innovative medicine or medical practices that have strong evidence proven to provide the best outcomes for each disease or condition.
- These evidence-based medicine guidelines are then hardwired into our processes and delivered to all Alliance providers so patients can consistently achieve the best outcomes along with the most positive experience.
We give patients more value and choices by providing them with the highest quality healthcare network, which includes Saint Alphonsus and other hospitals, doctors, and providers around the region.
Saint Alphonsus Health Alliance: At A Glance
- Over 1,500 Doctors and providers
- 715 Primary care providers
- 479 Specialty doctors
- 88 OB/GYNs
- 359 Ancillary providers
- Over 75% Independent or private practice providers
- 8 Hospitals
- 9 Surgery centers
- Nearly 600 Clinic locations
- 20 Urgent care clinics
- 4 Express care clinics
- Covering 170 Miles along I-84 corridor in Idaho and Oregon
- Covering 8 counties
Primary & Specialty Care Within The Alliance
- Allergy & Immunology
- Breast Care & Reconstruction
- Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Corporate Wellness
- Diabetes Education
- Emergency Medicine
- Ear, Nose, & Throat
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Oncology Gynecologic
- Oncology Medical/Chemotherapy
- Oncology Radiation
- Oncology Surgery
- Pain Management
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Plastic Surgery
- Sleep Medicine
- Speech Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
- Wound & Hyperbaric Medicine